I slept at 1am-ish last night, and woke up at 10.30am this morning. I couldn’t get back to sleep, I remembered dreaming. The dream was so strange, so strange that I can’t seem to remember it after I woke up. Tossed and turned, hoping to fall back to sleep again but obviously failed. After the girls decided to leave me un-entertained after our Skype conversation, I was left to stare at my room walls. I WAS SERIOUSLY BORED. Like, how can I be bored on a weekend?! HOW CAN HOW CAN?! It just doesn’t make sense. I never get bored on a weekend in Singapore (or Shanghai for that matter). NEVER! (then again, ok, maybe a few times but still…) And yet this strange feeling has caught me unprepared. Er, unprepared in a way.
- Immersed myself into the DVD world that AA lent me
- Stopped watching the DVDs and went on to stare at the ceiling fan while lying on my bed
- Called TD but he failed to provide me with anything to occupy myself. Boo
- Read my mobile’s instruction manual (what in the world was I thinking?!)
- Received a text from AA saying that she was bored too!
- Realised that my housemates have magically disappeared and that the place was amazingly quiet
- Decided to take a walk to the main campus with AA
- Terrorised the ducks
- Avoided stepping on disgusting duck shit
- Walked further into the campus to find this awesome carpark with a view
- Regretted not taking my camera along
- Went on to walk further down the road
- Realised that the road was bringing us back to the bridge again
- Went back to the Village
- Had dinner at AA’s place
- AA asked why I call her AA on my blog and not AK (her last name starts with K). It’s easier to type ‘AA’ than ‘AK’ because ‘A’ and ‘K’ are so far apart on the keyboard! Haha
- Went back and took a shower
- Zoned out for a while
- Called TD, but he didn’t pick up
- Started making a stupid list of the things I’ve done today
- TD called back but couldn’t entertain me. Boo.
- Almost called A because I’m that bored, just to disturb her
My housemates are still not around, and the house isn’t usually this quiet. It’s weird.
Random note: I want to eat duck rice. Why doesn’t Prima Deli have a box for that like Chicken Rice? Tsk.
Anyway, even though I didn’t have a camera, I have a phone that has a camera!
AA had her camera, but a camera without a memory card = not a very useful camera. Sigh. And she has officially declared that our campus is way better than Mount Lofty. No idea why because I’ve never been to Mount Lofty.
Because I’m so bored, I’m going to try to recall what has happened these past few days.
J, one of my housemates made cookies and pizzas for all of us in our unit.
Since you asked, M. Both your cookings taste different, so I can’t really say whose cooking/baking is better. And you mostly made cookies and brownies for us rather than pizzas. Can’t compare! Heh.
I tried Cheesecake flavored yogurt, which was pretty good. But I think I still prefer the real thing. Talking about it makes me feel like having some cheesecake now. Gah, not good.
Attempted cooking fried rice and have concluded that I need to get a bigger pan because all the food kept spilling over, littering the stove with bits of cabbage, carrots and rice. Spilt food = lots of cleaning up to do = not good, because Elaine is a lazy person. And it’s amazing that I can cook edible food because all I ever find myself cooking back home is instant noodles.
I wonder if the fridges here are made differently from the ones back home because the darn thing keeps freezing my food. My eggs have unfortunately been frozen solid hard.
Wanted to wait for the egg to defrost but figured that by the time it did, my rice would have burnt to crisp in the pan. So I threw it away. It would probably take an uber long time for it to melt back into the gooey mess it’s suppose to be.
Since the frozen raw egg looks just like a hard boiled egg (just not as white), if I threw it into hot water, will it still remain the same shape or will it melt first then start cooking? Shouldn’t have thrown that egg away after all. Pfftt.
Anyway, I’ll probably head to bed. Wonder what I’ll be dreaming about tonight. I’ve been having dreams lately, but it’s those type of dreams that I forget once I’ve woken up. The only thing I remember about them is that, they’re weird.